What is gift chicago?
Gift Chicago is a collaborative promotional campaign for locally owned shops in Chicago that offer gift-able products. Through pooled resources, we hope to do more than any one shop could do alone to promote shopping local during the holiday season, to cross-promote among like-minded shops and to extend the idea of shopping local for the holidays beyond Small Business Saturday. Gift Chicago is being organized by the shop owners of Neighborly, Sacred Art and Mint Home.
As a resource for customers, each shop will have a photo and their name listed on giftchicago.com, as well as their location listed and marked on the Map page. Each shop will also receive special Gift Chicago gift tags and postcards including a map of all participating shops to hand out to customers. They will also be able to submit posts for the Gift Chicago "collective" Instagram account.
To qualify to participate in Gift Chicago:
- must be located within the city limits of Chicago
- must be locally owned and operated (Chicago and suburbs)
- offer types of merchandise that are commonly purchased for gifts.
What will be required of you?
- $60 participation fee
- hand out the Gift Chicago postcards and Gift Chicago gift tags to customers during the holiday shopping season
- at least one shop photo for your listing on the website emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- one or two short paragraphs about your shop for your website listing
- review your listing on giftchicago.com, send any new photos you would like added or replaced and any updates to your shop's listing
The deadline to sign up to be included in the print campaign is Nov 15th.
If you sign up after Nov 15th, you will receive a listing on the website and inclusion on the site map, but will not be included in the print campaign.
Please submit additional entries for additional locations.